Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How do I know Charles?


One day, one of my employees got posseseed by the demon. She was very quiet but suddenly became very friendly and even spoke English & Dutch. She didn't want to go home. She said that her house is in our office. My other employees also try to help her to pray according to what they believed. I worried and I suddenly remember my hair dresser, Evy Soenardi who always told me some great testimonies how miraculuous is Jesus. I called her and told her what happened. She said," What a coincidence, I'm just picking up two servants of God from the airport, so I'm bringing them right away to your place.

Long story short, they arrived in my office and when the car entered the parking area, the demon inside my employee said," I want to go home, somebody is coming for me." It's funny because she didn't want to go home before and said that her house is in our office. She was inside the building on the second floor,she didn't even physically saw them because they entered and not yet even came out from the car. Weird, huh?
Then, I took them upstairs to meet her. They sang a song," Dalam Yesus ada kuasanNya,darah domba Allah." Over and over again. This song means there is power in the blood of Jesus. At first, she was trying hard to be calm. But after a while, she couldn't stand it and she began to close her ears and mumbling,"lalalalalalalala." It seems that the demon couldn't stand listening to this song. Then she fell on the floor together with the chair she sat on. Then, one of Evy's friends, Charles ask the demon to go out from her in Jesus name, and she was set free,healed. Praise God!

Finally, from that incidence I was amazed and became a new born believer, devoting my life to Jesus. It's written in the book of Mark chapter 16:16-18. " (16)He who believesand is babtized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned. (17) And signs will follow to those believing these things: in My Name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues; (18) they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing. It will not hurt them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will be well." When I read this scriptures, I was thinking," Hey, I want to be able to do what Charles did to my employee too. And it says in the bible every one who believe has these signs. Wow!

From that moment, Charles Lerrick became my mentor teaching me bible study and prayer. He's the type of person when it comes to teaching and mentoring, he can do it for hours. He taught me that it's very important to have faith in God and always rely on Him. He made me understand how important it is to have a prayer life constantly.

Charles is Dutch citizen. Even though he was born in Indonesia, he left to Holland when he was teenager and stayed there for over 30 years until he came back here again doing ministry. He could've just enjoyed his retirement over there. But, he said God put in his heart is for winning as many souls in Indonesia. He always says, obedience is more than sacrifice. Well, that's the story about how I met Charles and how he becomes one of the most influential people in my life.

XXXOOO
Nancy